VIB Rouge Event Haul!

 All the samples I got!! 

Two weeks ago I attended my very first VIB Rouge event at Sephora! I became VIB Rouge last year, and I was so happy to be invited to the event. The event was  really early in the morning before the mall opened. It was a sneak peak of some new products coming out this fall. I was able to bring a guest so I bought my friend Stephanie to come with me. She is a makeup lover like myself so we had a blast swatching, and testing out new items!
I didn't purchase any of the new fall items because I wasn't sure if I really needed any of them, but the things I did pick up were things I had had my eyes on for a while.
At the event they were having demos so it was really great to ask questions and get feedback on different products. At the event there were hairstylists who work with Bumble and bumble and they were showing people who were interested how to use their different products. I have always heard people rave about Bumble and bumble but I was never willing to spend the money because the people who I knew who raved about the products had very different hair textures than me. So when they came out with their curly hair line I was so excited to try it out. A few months ago I did get a 100 point perk of the Bb. Curl (Style) Primer and I really loved it so I did pick up the full size. Well I have since run out, so while at the event I picked up another one as well a few other items the stylist showed me how to use on my hair. I also picked up the Bb. Curl (Style) Anti-Humidity Gel-Oil and the Surf Infusion spray. I am really anxious to try the gel-oil because the texture is so interesting to me, and not like anything I have ever used before. I am a little skeptical on the surf spray because that to me screams dryness and my hair needs so much moisture. The bumble and bumble sales representative that was there ensured me that it won't leave my hair dry or brittle feeling, but will add shine and help lock in moisture. Crossing my fingers it works! Will definitely review it as soon as I start using it!
So I am absolutely am addicted to my Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara, and I am sadly running out of it. I have been wanting to try other mascaras too so I picked up the Sephora favorites Lashstash To Go. I thought it seemed like a great deal because you get 5 minis of different mascaras from different brands. But along with the 5 mini mascaras there is a voucher inside the package that you can turn in for a full size of any of the 5 mascaras for free. All of the mascaras are less than $28 (the price of the kit) but I still think this is an amazing deal. Getting to try 5 mascaras then getting the full size for $28 is so great. Besides the Marc Jacobs one and Too Faced mascaras I haven't tried any of the other ones so I am excited to!
And the last thing I actually purchased was the Benefit Cosmetics Cheekathon Blush & Bronzer palette. I wasn't planning on buying this that day, but the Benefit Cosmetics representative showed my how to make my face look more sculpted using dandelion blush, hoola bronzer, and rockateur blush. Not to blow my own horn, but it looked so amazing on me so I was sold! I snatched this up, and I am so happy I did!
With my points I did pick up a 100 point perk of the Matte Creme Lip Crayon in the shade 'Glace' from Bite Beauty. I do have one already that is almost gone so I am glad they had it as a point perk. I love Bite Beauty, and I especially love their matte crayons. Not too drying, and are really comfortable on my lips. With my purchase I did make VIB Rouge status for 2017 so I got the Rouge gift which is the mini NARS blush in 'Goulue'. Super happy I made VIB Rouge status again, and excited to try a NARS blush. They're really hyped, and shockingly I have never tried a NARS blush!
Also while at the event I got a free 15 minute facial and ton of samples! I got samples of all the products that were used during my facial so that was nice. I am trying to improve my skincare routine so I was so pumped to get all those samples!

I hope Sephora has mor VIB Rouge events because I had a blast!!
Have you ever been to a VIB Rouge event?

xo, Amy

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top